Working on a bug fix in MVVMCross-based mobile application I noticed a strange behavior. The navigation to other view model I put in async Init<TInit>(TInit parameters) which as executed on the first view model in my app was running twice.
Considering Xamarin there can be many reasons for need of screen resolution detection in mobile app. You may have more complex logic of loading your resources possibly split between PCL and Android/iOS projects.
So, here it is - my second technical blog. The first one died along with my frustration on SharePoint 2010 I had to work with some time ago… The resignation burned out and so my willingness to describe my miserable experiences with this hopeless (at least from dev perspective) technology.